If you're under 18, then go on and git.




Thursday, September 25, 2014

Blog Guest Tk Paige & CONTEST!

I am out with the family, but TK Paige is here to bring you information on her latest release with Totallybound, A Second Chance Love!

And dayum, it's a great book!

TK is also running a contest for a copy of A Second Chance Love. Comment on her post for a chance to win! I'll let TK announce the winner here and answer any questions y'all might have for her. And without further babbling on my part, here is the incredibly talented TK Paige :D

Hi everyone, I’m TK Paige and I’d like to start off by thanking Bailey for having me here today for the release of my second novella with Totally Bound, A Second Chance Love.
When I first started trying to write I was thinking of trying for anthologies, mainly just trying to get a feel for it. I submitted for one and was rejected. I was halfway through A Second Chance Love and got a little discouraged. After a few months I got back into writing again and wrote Here For You which with the encouragement of the best Facebook friend ever *cough* Bailey *cough* I submitted. After I was offered a contract for it I picked up my unfinished project and my trio started talking to me again.
The idea behind their book is what happens when an established relationship has a new dynamic added. Even when it is something that has been longed for. Does it bring out hidden insecurities? Vulnerabilities and jealousy?
Available for early download





Excerpt
It was five days later and Sunday afternoon. Operation ‘Stubborn Bastard’ was a go. Unbeknownst to Jacob, all the hands had been told to stay away from the house even if the apocalypse occurred. Brian, one of our best men, had dryly stated that the apocalypse had already occurred, the antichrist had taken up residence in the boss and it was about fucking time we performed an exorcism.
 I had wanted to protest that it wasn’t that bad and Kyle even tried to sputter one out. But faced with four men with their arms crossed wearing the same concerned and frustrated expressions we had, I finally just shrugged. “I know.”
I had fixed Jacob’s favorite. Pulled pork, which I had slow cooked overnight and stripped this morning so it could simmer in my homemade sauce. The added benefit was the slow-cooker dish could just be put in the fridge so there was no clean-up needed when we moved to the next step.
“That was great, sweetheart, thank you.” Jacob pushed his chair back from the table. “I have a few things I should go do though.”
I exchanged a quick glance with Kyle first then moved my eyes back to Jacob and gave him my best guileless look. That he didn’t immediately become suspicious went to show just how messed up he was. Our old Jacob not only would’ve gone on guard, he would’ve had flashing lights and warning sirens going off in his mind.
“Can you come upstairs with me first, Jacob?” I asked quietly, hoping he wouldn’t ask for a reason.
He sighed. “Sure.”
He followed me upstairs to our room and grunted in surprise when I climbed on the bed after I stripped off the loose fitting cotton dress I had been wearing. The only clothing I had left was his favorite lacy black bra and panty set.
“What are you doing, Kerri?” His eyes were devouring me, but his tone let me know he wasn’t going to let this happen easily.
“Trying to get your attention. Is it working?”
“What do you mean?” He tilted his head at me in confusion. “You and Kyle are all I think about. I spend every minute I have trying to fix everything for both of you.”
“But when was the last time you spent time with us? You work all day and keep on going until we drag you to bed, then you’re so exhausted you collapse. We wake up in the morning and you’re already gone. We miss you, Jacob, and we’re worried. What is wrong?” I pleaded with him. “Just talk to us.”
He ran his hands over his face. He looked so tired. His skin was pale and lined. There were bags under his eyes. He was literally making himself sick. “Kerri, I’m not doing this. I need to get things done.”
I watched as he turned only to realize that Kyle stood in the doorway with his hands grasping both sides.
Where I had tried the softer approach, I could tell from Kyle’s blazing eyes that he was more than willing to take the harder line.


9 comments:

nikirenee said...

oh, sounds great. this looks like a very interesting story. I will have to look it up. thanks T K Paige for another addition to my TBR list. :)

Shorty Chelle said...

Sounds good.

Clmarzano@comcast.net said...

I am hooked by the blurb,would love to read this.

Debby said...

I loved reading your post. Very interesting. Congrats on your book.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Tracy George said...

I really enjoyed your first book Here For You.
After read the excerpt i'm looking forward to reading this one too...
Loved the blog post TK...

TK Paige said...

Aww, Thank you all for the wonderful comments. You've made my day :)

tkpaige89@gmail.com

TK Paige said...

Tracy George I loved the wonderful reviews you posted for Here For You and I hope you enjoy the new one too! Thank you so much for your sweet comment.

waxapplelover said...

Loved reading about the journey that brought you to where you are now. Congrats about the new release. The excerpt was very intriguing.

TK Paige said...

Thank you waxapplelover! This year has been one heck of a ride :)

Post a Comment