If you're under 18, then go on and git.




Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Welcome Guest Author Shakuita Johnson!

Hey, y'all, please welcome author Shakuita Johnson to the blog! Check her out, and there's contest info at the bottom :D

Shakuita, it's a pleasure to have you here--  Bailey.


Hello! My name is Shakuita Johnson. I'm 30 years old. I spent 8 years in the United States Air Force. I've been writing since I was in middle school. It started off just poetry. I didn't write my first short story until my senior year of high school during a creative writing class. I'm an avid reader of mostly paranormal and I LOVE the M/M stuff. I have many authors I read and 9 times out of 10 if it's paranormal, urban fantasy, or sci-fi, I'll read it. I didn't attempt to write my first book until around Sept. 2012 and I ended up publishing it in Dec. 2014 and it's been all downhill every since J. Of course it's a paranormal book that turned into a paranormal series. Currently I have 3 of the books from the series published, two small collections of poems, and a dark romance. My books can be found on my blog, website, or amazon page. My website also has extended sample PDFs of books that are currently available. I am an independent author. Today I'll just do a little spotlight of the books I currently have out. But before I do I would like to thank Bailey for allowing me to crash her page today J.




Dark Indiscretions, Dark Indiscretions: Monster Unleashed, and Dark Indiscretions: A Prequel are all in the Dark Indiscretions Series. I have 4 more books to write with the next one being Dark Indiscretions: Seer Destined due sometime this spring. Dark Indiscretions is different from any other paranormal books out there right now because it's from the POV of the villains. There are no "good guys" in the series although occasionally one of the characters will do something "good". They also aren't your typical vampires, werewolves, or hybrids. I've made my own unique species and given them unique abilities. The reason I love paranormal so much is there are no limits and there is always room for new lores and mythologies. With Dark Indiscretions I explored new possibilities and put my twist on the paranormal.

If you would like to check out these first three books you can purchase them individually or you can grab the special exclusive box set that is available until Jan. 31st. Not only does it have all three books but at the end are 4 bonus scenes and a 5 chapter exclusive look at my spin off series The Dark Indiscretions Chronicles book 1 Callisto Carvanis: And A Legacy Was Born…


My most recent release is my Dark Romance And So She Waited…this was a book I had no intentions of writing. Even when I first got the idea. I put it off for months until one day it just started screaming and me and the words came pouring out. It's the book that is the most taken from parts of my life besides my poetry. It's one of those ones were you either relate or you don't. It's an extreme example but one I'm glad I wrote, especially if it can speak to at least one person and luckily it's spoken to a few. It's also one of the first books that I have an acutally playlist for that helps to bring the words to on the page to life. If you would like to check that playlist out here is the link… And So She Waited







Once again I would like to thank Bailey for having me and thank you all for taking the time to read my little post. If you would like to keep up with what I'm doing you can check out my Facebook fan page or my Twitter…you can also find a list of my current WIPs on my website. I'm also on Goodreads. Thank you all and I look forward to hearing what you think of my books!


Contest info: Shakuita's got a sweet backlist! Here's what y'all can win!

Dark Indiscretions : A Prequel

Dark Indiscretions 1

Days To Come

And So She Waited

Dark Indiscretions : Monster Unleashed

Inside the Heart of My Soul



Here's how it will work. Comment, comment, comment on Shakuita's post. Share it, also, if you will. Each comment will be an entry for a book drawing, and each share will count as two entries. I'll be giving away via Amazon 5 of Shakuita's books, winner's choice of book. Winners will be announced on Friday. Sound like a plan?

7 comments:

Shakuita Johnson said...

:)

Shorty Chelle said...

Shared. They all sound really good. Thank you for the chance.

Eric Roberts said...

Thanks for the chance

Jess1 said...

Nice introduction to a new-to-me author. Interesting that her books don't have true "good' guys, but shaded complex ones.

Demetra said...

Sounds really interesting - you are also a new author to me and will be adding to my TBR pile.

Tekikat said...

Thanks for your service go our country...I am also serving in the AF....29 years by next Wed :-) Aim high!

Shakuita Johnson said...

Oh FYI you guys can get my poems Inside the Heart of my Soul for FREE on Barnes and noble and smashwords...can't figure out how to get it there on Amazon quite yet if you're interested :)

Post a Comment