If you're under 18, then go on and git.




Wednesday, February 18, 2015

*Yawn* HI!

Well, I missed y'all ;-)

We got home at around 2-ish this morning, so tomorrow will commence the regular blog stuff-- installment, a contest for a copy of Belt Buckles and Cowboy Boots, etc. Though what the etc will be, I don't know. Right now I need more sleep!

We had a wonderful time, and hiked and rock hounded and so on. I think maybe we're more tired from the vacation but mentally in a better place. *fingers crossed* I know I was about one more bad thing away from having a meltdown, so the break was much appreciated.

I'll post pics sometime this week/end or a link to them if I put them elsewhere. Y'all are, of course, under no obligation to look at them. Lots of mountains, lots of rocks, and if I can find a way to post the video of what I call the road to (and from) hell, I'll do that too. Single-lane dirt and rock mountain roads covering heights up to 5800 feet are NOT fun for someone who has a heights phobia-- it's not a fear, it's a phobia. :D

I hope y'all are all doing well, and thank you for the happy vacation wishes. We appreciated them, and y'all, very much.

**huggz**

16 comments:

Demetra said...

Sweet - happy you had a great time. And gave yourself time to relax. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Jess1 said...

Welcome back, Bailey! Glad you had a good time and got away for awhile.

Margaret S said...

Welcome back.- Glad to hear you are more relaxed and refreshed after your trip - Look forward to the pictures.

Tekikat said...

Im glad you and your family had a wonderful vacation. Spending time with nature calms the mind and rejuvenates the spirit :-)

L.M. said...

Welcome back! I hope you feel refreshed and ready to conquer the world! ;) What is rock hounding?!

Shorty Chelle said...

Sooo glad you made it home safe and are back. Glad you had a great time. **huggz** <3

Julia Matthews said...

Glad you had fun.

Debby said...

Welcome back. I love rocks.

Bailey;-) said...

Hi Demetra *WAVES* I have to figure out how to post them under a cut or something so I don't bombard y'all with them lol :D

Bailey;-) said...

Hi Jess1! Thanks :D It was a fantastic break. :D

Bailey;-) said...

Thank you , Margaret S! **huggz**

Bailey;-) said...

It really does, Tekikat, especially where we go-- there's nothing around but the casitas and the nights are filled with sounds of nature, not silence. It's pretty amazing :D

Bailey;-) said...

Hi L.M.! I'm not sure about conquering the world, but I don't feel so close to being fractured now :D Rockhounding is one of my favoritest things to do-- we like to seek out and collect rocks just for the fun of it. Luckily, the couple who own the casitas are very knowledgeable about the area, and the man is a geologist with all sorts of degrees. He prints us out maps of where to go to find pretty rocks! It usually involves hiking up mountains and scary narrow mountain roads (dirt roads, one lane, going up to around 7000 feet or so at that) but the finds are so worth it! oops. I babbled. Sorry!

Bailey;-) said...

Thank you Shorty Chelle! ***huggz*** <3 I just have to take a break every few months, seriously, I will lose it. The mountains in NM are such a majestic place IMO :D

Bailey;-) said...

Thank you, Julia!

Bailey;-) said...

Us, too, Debby, and we carried backpacks full of them down mountainsides a few times on this trip. Wasn't giving up the rocks no matter how hard the hikes were!!

Post a Comment