If you're under 18, then go on and git.




Saturday, August 8, 2015

ARe book winner and babble--

Thank you to all who entered. I didn't get to announce the winner at noon since we were on the road, and traffic between Waco and Austin in particular was a nightmare. Random.org was used to pick the winner, and congratulations go out to Carol Anne there :D I've already sent you the book, Carol, and hope you enjoy it.

Now, y'all know there's been a lot of bad things happening for my family lately, and I was trying to think it's not just us, but you know, I sure hope no one else is having this kind of stuff piled on. Yesterday, the hubs lost his job-- it's more complicated than just that, and I can't really get into it, but that means all contests that will cost me financially are going to have to go on hold until he's at a new job and earning commissions. Shouldn't take long, but in the meantime, we'll be struggling and getting behind in bills, so we'll have to catch up there, too.

And I'm not complaining. It sucks, but it will pass. I do hate to pause the contests, but that's necessary at this time. Free things, like copies of my new releases when they come out, will still happen.

I always believe that when there's bad shit, you need to remember the good, too. So that's easy, really. There are all the amazing people I've met through my writing, and y'all here at the blog have, in particular, been incredibly kind and uplifting.
There's my family, all of whom make each day brighter.
And PNut, who cuddles all the time.

Plus, there's fudge, a lot of it.

And stories to write, books to read, roses to smell. So many good things, and great people.

Happy Saturday to y'all <3

17 comments:

Carol Anne Pedroso said...

Just picked it up. Thank you so much <3

KarenJ said...

Don't worry about the contests Bailey! I'm sure most of your readers have been in similar situations and certainly understand. I hope your husband finds another job quickly so you guys don't get too far behind on your bills.

Take care and eat all the fudge you can! LOL

Donna said...

Well, what with all the negatives you've been suffering lately, you're looking forward to some mega good in the near future! As for comps, who needs 'em; just keep your spirits up.

waxapplelover said...

I'm sorry to hear that more tragedies have struck your family. All of us go through good times and bad, and I always have to remind myself that it's important to focus on the future and the love of those who stay with us through the bad times. Sending your family warm wishes and happy thoughts!

AiboPals said...

I happily pre-ordered Heart yesterday, I'm really sorry you and your family keep having stress, sending you all my love

Serena91291 said...

Sorry to hear that but don't worry, good things will come. =) Best wishes for you and your family!

Julia Matthews said...

Sorry to hear another hardship has hit your family. Keep your spirits high and don't worry about the contest. Multitudes of goodness is headed your way.

Misty*G said...

That you are the least bit upbeat makes me want to hug the stuffing out of you. Love&Hugs to ya!!

Pearl Ooi said...

The free books should be the least of your worries Bailey. Keep your chin up, better days are just around the corner.

Eric Roberts said...

i hope things turn around for you guys. hope all is going somewhat well.

Shorty Chelle said...

Congrats to the winner.

I'm so sorry to hear this Bailey. Hopefully things will turn around soon for ya'll. Sending prayers *hugs* and <3

Demetra said...

Congrats Carol Anne.
Bailey I know ALL ABOUT hubs losing his job. 4 years ago he was working for a repair station for a major airline when they closed their doors. He decided to open up his own company and until he gets more contracts, there have been major ups and downs money wise. I only thank God my kids are not very young. As it is, they are helping out where they can.

I hope he finds something soon. Don't worry about the monetary contests. We enjoy reading your blogs.

nikirenee said...

Hang in there. I will keep you in my thoughts. Hugs

Tekikat said...

Sorry about the hub's job....yes, that condition is temporary. I admire your attitude...this is the best time to count your blessings and support your loved ones :-)

Kim Whaley said...

Congrats winner. Sorry about the job for Hubs. Been there, done that, had lots of crap happen over the last couple of years, so I feel your pain. Perfectly understandable stopping the cash contests. Look forward to book contests...and i think I have found some more on your side bar that I need to pick up. sigh. TBR pile, here I come!

Jenny said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your hubs job. I really hope things get back on track for you and your family soon.

Bailey;-) said...

Y'all are made of awesome. Thank you. **big squishy group huggz**

Post a Comment