If you're under 18, then go on and git.




Monday, November 9, 2015

Happy Monday :-)

Let's see, there's things to update y'all on, like this:


I am involved in the Racing Hearts anthology written for Sue Meadows and in memory of her husband Peter Laybourn, available to pre-order now. 



I'm in this with five other amazing authors, and it's for an excellent cause.  

Later today, I'll be back to announce winners for the two ebook contests posted last week. 

I have greatly enjoyed reading everyone's comments, on all posts.I wish we could all get together and have a fun retreat, or at least some booze and chocolates. It's true that y'all are totally made of awesome. 


Regarding some comments: 

Donna, I am sorry you've been ill and hope you're all better. You've made my day many times with your wit and joy. 

Thank you all for the safe & fun trip wishes! I think I'm still recovering from all the driving. Yesterday I worked out in the yard for over five hours, mowing and weed-whacking, and managed to finish about half the yard (we're in a rambling crumbling old house on 3 lots) so still have half to go. Even though the temps were in the low 70's, I still managed to get overheated and have had a migraine since then. Of course today it's combined with a stiff lower back and general crankiness. I need a time out :D

Thank you all, too, for the feedback on And the Stars Danced. IMO, it wasn't what it should have been sci-fi wise, but that really isn't my strong suit. Sci-fi was all I read in my early and mid teens, but I stopped reading it decades ago for the most part-- don't know why, lost some brain cells when child-rearing or something-- so I don't feel competent on any of the tech stuff. Characters, okay, but the actual sci-fi part, not so much, so I feel it was lacking there. Now, MA Church, Alicia Nordwell, and several other authors rock the sci-fic, and I adore them. Check 'em out if you haven't yet, please :D

My sci-fi ineptitude doesn't mean I won't write Ian's story, however, it just means y'all will have to bear with me when I stumble on stuff, lol. I love writing blog stories, so much, because it is the most fun, reading y'all's comments, and just playing on here. So thank y'all for that, too. I'll still have a vote going for what the next blog story will be on. Maybe I'll even write up a few sentences/synopses for y'all. 

KarenJ, I didn't know that's where you were! We could have met up! Mom and I stayed at Country Inn and Suites while ST spent the night with a friend, Trick or Treating. Flagstaff is a lovely town! I'd move there in a heartbeat if I could. Next time I'm there, I'll let you know ahead of time <3

Okay, and finally, I'm working on a short shifter story to be put out by Beany Spark's company, Rainbow Press Ninja, next month. All sales/profits will be donated to Peyton's medical fund. He is still undergoing treatment for Ewing's Sarcoma, and Cherri has thousands in medical bills from before he was sent to St. Jude that need to be paid. Everyone is contributing-- editing, promotion, book covers, and writing the book-- for free, so that we can do the most we can for Cherri. This will be the first in a series of three books, and the series title is Wild Ones. First book is Deadly Prey, and I'm aiming for about 30k per book. After the first book, all profits will be split 50/50 with Cherri in the hopes that we'll have her caught up on bills and whatever else they need. I'll be posting buy links and excerpts, along with cover art, very shortly. 

A little info about the series-- it's shifters based on these critters:

I'm about to start writing on a contemporary novel for Pride. Something Shattered and the first book in the City Shifters series, Bearly There, will be published in the next month or so. Bearly There ran on the blog over a year ago-- y'all might remember Bunny Boy. This is THAT story, and it'll be a series. Nothing's been changed in it, or in Something Shattered. They've just been re-edited and put in pretty packages :D

All right, I have to get back to writing. Y'all have a happy Monday! 






6 comments:

Misty*G said...

Wow, did you even take a breath? I dont know how you keeo it up. Happy Monday, Bailey!

Bailey;-) said...

I forgot to add, I'll have a new Coyote's Call written by mid-December, that should be out early-ish next year. My current writing and pub schedule is being worked out so I don't have dates yet.

Demetra said...

Happy Monday Bailey. Hope the migraine goes away. Looking forward to reading all the new stories, be they blogs or books. No worries on the sci-fi...they went off planet and have more advanced tech. Cool with me.
xoxoxo

nikirenee said...

Mondays should come with a warning. I loved the SCI FI and look foward to Ian getting his men. yah just have to bring LINK back. seems like you have a lot of new stuff coming up, thanks for keeping my mind from stalling out. I look forward to each one. Have a great week.

Donna said...

Not all SF is tech savvy and anyway it's the thought that counts! Unfortunately I've got a bit of a weak constitution and some longstanding conditions so that's some of why I love to read - any illness that doesn't involve hospital is normally good - but they tricked me with a no-internet forced bed rest home stay darn them all! But revenge will be mine at Christmas when the delay from shopping catches up on them! Mwah-ha-ha!

Tekikat said...

Happy happy Monday! I love sci fi stories and I can't wait when you release this one.....sure there are learning curves but your characters rock!

Post a Comment