If you're under 18, then go on and git.

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Thursday Chat

Well, I was going to post Thursday Babble, which is what this is.

I hope y'all are enjoying the blog story. Looking back over the past 24 months +, it's been writing the blog stories and interacting with y'all that has kept me in the writing sphere. The freedom I have here to just run with whatever idea hits-- or is voted on-- has helped ease the weight on my shoulders at times.

So, thank you all for that. I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it-- Thank you.

I am behind on email replies and comments, but honestly, I can't promise any timely replies. I am doing the best I can every day, and appreciate y'all's patience.

Today has been a decent day, although I didn't write. Too much other stuff going on. I did send in several partially written stories and ideas to Pride to see what they might want from that.

OH! Did y'all see that Barnes and Noble is removing indie/self-pub erotic romance authors' books? They claim the books violate BN policy. Look, that's some rank bullshit. It's censorship, flat-out. So if and when I self-pub, there will be none of my books on Barnes and Noble, apparently. You would think that a company that likely needs to increase sales wouldn't be doing crap like this. Seriously, how are authors supposed to earn a living? How are we supposed to keep up the heart and creativity?

Okay. I'm off to get some housework done. Woo. Hoo. O.o

Happy Thursday, y'all <3

3 comments:

L.M. said...

Ugh...BN disappointing me yet again... I didn't know they are doing that. Wtf.

Unknown said...

I wish we lived in a world where artists were appreciated and were able to create without having to worry about money and bills and all the things that keep us from our passion.

Margaret S said...

Bailey you feel safe with your blog interactions. There you have friends who you vent and talk to and who won't turn round and snap at you. Several of your series have started as a random idea you turned into a story here and you have been encourage by the comments you get back. I and a lot of your older(Length of time not age) readers have most if not all of your books and look forward to when you can get back to releasing new ones. This is not to pressure you but to encourage and support you as you try to re-balance your life. Take your time and do what is best for YOU.
Telling adults what they can and can't do always seems to make them want to do it more.A banned song sell a lot better as everyone wants to know what got it banned. So if B&N do pull a book the author needs to make a fuss loudly and add where it is still available and hopefully will get the same response
Heather Lane - That hopeful ideal is what makes Star Trek so popular :D

Post a Comment