If you're under 18, then go on and git.

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

A post.

This is probably going to be a hot mess, disjointed as I ramble, but here it goes:

I know I promised an installment, but I've done some serious thinking, and I just need to stop writing for a while. Maybe permanently; for certain until I've got my head on better and find the heart of writing again.

The fact is, I'm tired of struggling to write and feeling like it isn't enough, it isn't good the way I want it to be, I can't get the words I want, the feelings I need in the stories, and it's something I have to fight to do. Every word is a battle.

Y'all deserve better.

I'm not miserable all the way around; this isn't a post about how everything sucks. But also, financially, I can't afford to write like I used to. I can't pay rent by writing a book a month, and I can't write that fast anymore anyway. Working fulltime is going to have to happen, and that, along with taking care of a houseful of people is all I can do.

Pirating and Amazon have dropped royalties down to 1/10th or so of what I used to make, and I stress over every word, every book, afraid it won't be good enough as a story, that I won't earn enough, the worry will ruin the writing and bleed into it, and so it goes, around and around in my head until I'm just upset all the time when I think about writing. I miss being able to write the kinds of stories I wrote once upon a time.

So I need to step back. I'm sorry to leave off mid-story. I am. The most fun and freedom I've ever had writing has been here on the blog, with y'all. I'm not taking that for granted. Y'all are the best people, and have helped me through some rough times y'all don't even know about. Every kind word, every bit of encouragement, has pulled me through the past 2 years.

Thank you, so very much.

***huggz***
Bailey


*I'll be posting the winners for The Jasper Soul still; I'll be reachable at itsbaileybradford@yahoo.com




6 comments:

Tekikat said...

Well wishes to you Bailey - self care is important! Rest is good for your body and soul... once you're replenished the muse and creativity will come back :-)

KarenJ said...

So very sad to hear what's going on Bailey. You know we will miss your writing. Hopefully you just need a break for a while and you'll get back into it eventually. Good luck with everything and keep your spirits up!

nikirenee said...

true friends will understand and support you. True fans will wish you well and hope you find your way back to them. Always remember that you come first, you are not alone and we are here for you if you need us.
best wishes. Niki

ingrid said...

I'm sad to hear that. I own just about everything you have written and have always enjoyed not just reading your stories but re-reading them. I have looked forward to new books that you have published. If you get back to feeling good about writing stories again, I'll be looking for them to read. Hope things get better for you.

Cinders said...

Love you so very much! Please email:me if you need to!

Mad1maggot said...

Sorry to hear you are at least taking a break as your titles are always on my must buy list but if you are not able at the moment to get your head around writing then you come first. You are the hub of your family and I know the stress of family problems and ill health have worn you down. Keeping a roof over you head and food on the table must be your priority. Wishing you well for the future and keeping you in my thoughts.

Post a Comment